Friday, July 8, 2022 (7:30 AM - 9:00 AM) (EDT)
The Dare to Dream Workshop
What’s all the Excitement About?
Designing a vision board is a fun way to discover a new path in life. In this month’s Women Empowered Event, Lori Wriston will inspire you with content geared toward helping you believe that nothing is impossible. She will also help you envision the goals you have within your heart and then give you the opportunity to display them on a board through graphics, images, and words.
Benefits of Creating a Vision Board: If you have never made a vision board, here are five reasons why you should think about putting one together for yourself!
- Creating one is fun! Who doesn’t like arts and crafts? It’s a great opportunity to get together with others who share a passion for becoming all they were created to be! Think of it as a vision “party” with both old and new friends, getting together to dream BIG and celebrate each other’s divine destinies. “Creativity is intelligence having fun”—Albert Einstein
- It fuels your progress. A vision board placed before your eyes on a routine basis gives you constant reminders of your goals and where you want to be. It’s a tool you can use to help you overcome obstacles standing in your way to success. The visual reminder of your dreams will keep you focused and on track.
- It’s less expensive than a therapist. Some of us have trouble verbalizing our dreams. It’s much easier to do so with a creative mechanism in a relaxed and friendly environment. Like art journaling or art therapy, people can express themselves with less fear of embarrassment. The support of others gives us courage as we step out in faith! “Creativity takes courage”—Henri Matisse
- It helps you think outside the box. Creating a vision board takes your thinking to the next level. You begin to realize that nothing is impossible! Whether it’s a beach front vacation home, landing that perfect job, or starting your own nonprofit to help others, a vision board gives you a fun way to work toward obtaining all the goals you have within your heart.
- It brings new life and purpose. If you feel stuck at a crossroad in life, a vision board can help you start moving in the right direction. By letting go of the past and taking hold of what lies before you, you will be amazed by the renewal of your strength and the overflowing joy that will follow. “There are three responses to a piece of design—yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for.”—Milton Glaser
What you need to bring with you:
- Glue sticks
- Magazines (you will cut out images and graphics to go on your board)
- Magic markers
- Anything else you would like to use to bedazzle your board
Executive Director, ValorExcel
Lori helps organizations like yours obtain the success you've always desired. With over 25 years of business, nonprofit and ministry experience, she also helps committed individuals navigate the waters of first-time nonprofit or business ownership through one-on-one coaching, tailored workshops and a host of other offerings to turn your business goals into reality. Lastly, she works with established organizations to reach a level of excellence that will ensure success for years to come.
Prior to joining Valor, Lori was the Regional Sales Manager for Griffith Energy Services, Inc. She was the first female within the company to lead associates in a six-state region. Her business savvy and sales enthusiasm led the company to its highest sales achievement despite a down economy. She then turned her focus toward the field of community service, using her skills to help others as a church administrator and manager of a local homeless shelter.
Lori is also a previous Board Secretary for Horizon Goodwill Industries and a past member of Washington County's Local Management Board (LMB) where she sat on the community planning and executive committees.